Monday, April 12, 2021

A Field of Rye by Paul Delgado

 




A Field of Rye


The sun sets low in an autumn sky

Casting shadows on a field of rye,

Summer is gone and winter’s nigh,

And memories fade of years gone by,

Gentle fields once tilled with care

Long abandoned now lay bare,

Time has passed with measured haste,

And an empty sadness fills this space.

Youthful smiles of careless ways

Brought fun and laughter in brilliant days.

Young lad, brave and strong

Who struggled so hard to belong,

Your sunlit fields now abound 

With rocky places to still be found. 

A soft warm wind lifts you high 

Amongst the heavens where you fly.

Watch over us my shining star,

For you and I are never far.


                      Paul Delgado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood and Sand by Paul Delgado

 Blood and Sand Paul Delgado When I was thirteen, I wanted to be a Matador. I must have read I’ll Dress You in Mourning by Dominique La Pier...