Friday, April 30, 2021

Sixty Eight Poem by Mike Quinn

 



Sixty-Eight

by Mike Quinn


If Genie hides his face from all but the very young 
And Music pines for a fresh, youthful date
May I siren for the Muse if my song is almost sung
 And snare her at the age of sixty-eight?

The Muse replied (to my surprise) 
What a foolish question for you to ask 
The math is easy for such a task.

Does sixty-eight not contain within its rounded number 
A host of memories, stories and ages
Like thirty-four, who swung at life with a mighty lumber 
Or seventeen, whose hands wrote out the opening pages?

I will help your creative engine hum
But little wisdom have I to impart
To one with multiples embedded in his sum
Your stories and messages will surely come
So place your fingers on the keyboard and start. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood and Sand by Paul Delgado

 Blood and Sand Paul Delgado When I was thirteen, I wanted to be a Matador. I must have read I’ll Dress You in Mourning by Dominique La Pier...