Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Horse......Sense by Bruce Emard

 I was meeting with my writers group outdoors at The Flower Farm when Kathy, our cowboy romance writer, said she just got a new horse.  Bob, the Vietnam War vet, said, "of course."  As Kathy began describing her new horse, I began singing, "a horse is a horse of course, of course, and nobody can talk to a horse, of course, unless of course the horse is the famous Mr. Ed."  As Kathy continued to bore me with her new horse description, I looked at Bob and said, "Willllburrrr."  He just ignored me, of course.


Now I don't remember whether Kathty told us before or after her new horse description that she went down Modesto way for a "sorting" (something to do with horses, cattle, and ropes).  She said she and her husband stayed with a couple - the husband, a brilliant immunologist, the wife, a horse person.  Kathy said the wife had been self-testing for covid every morning by inhaling eucalyptus oil.  One morning, she inhaled and couldn't smell it.  Sure enough, her official covid test came back positive.  The wife had her husband inject her with Invermectin, a horse deworming drug, and the next morning she could smell again and all her covid symptoms were gone.  Incredulous, I asked, "Did she begin neighing after that?"  Bob chuckled.  Kathy just ignored me, of course."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood and Sand by Paul Delgado

 Blood and Sand Paul Delgado When I was thirteen, I wanted to be a Matador. I must have read I’ll Dress You in Mourning by Dominique La Pier...