ASH WILDER
My name is now Ash Wilder. As you, my reader, have already discerned, it wasn’t
always so. I’ve changed it to provide freedom to explore and write about my country’s past, the
current state of my country’s affairs, and the future as I begin my quest in the year 2026. My
hope is that as I explore and write, I will find optimism in the people I meet and comfort and
solace in the places I go on my travels within my country, the United States of America, in what
I perceive to be troubled times.
I live in the mountains of the Sierra Nevada in a rustic cabin by a lake where I find
solitude and solace. Here, I can write and live close to nature, away from the congestion and
pressure of suburban and city life. I also live in suburbia, near a city, where my partner, my
family, my friends, and most of my contemporaries live and work. When I’m not in the
mountains or suburbia, I’ll be on the road in Optimus Prime, a converted Sprinter van, staying in
places I’ve never been, long enough to gain an appreciation for the residents and the landscape.
Thanks to inventive minds and technology, when I’m in the mountains or on the road, I’ll stay
connected to the outside world and current events through satellites, computers, cellphones, and
televisions.
Here you will find my writings, some humorous, some serious. My intent is to chronicle
the times in which I live. My writings will include regular entries, poems, short stories, essays,
and a novel on which I’m working. You have free access to my chronicles and photographs
through this website. If you’d like to read my other writings, you may purchase them for a
nominal fee. Your purchases will help support my writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment